Advanced Adult and Pediactric SANE Training
February 13-16, 2007
This FREE advanced 4 day (32 hour) training will provide Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) with opportunities to review essential skills needed to demonstrate competency in performing the forensic examination for the child, adolescent and adult victim of sexual violence.
Facilitator for this training is Colleen O'Brien, RN, MS, SANE-A. Ms. O'Brien works as a forensic nurse consultant and trains across the country. She is a member of the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN).
- Course Requirements: Attendance is required for all four (4) days. Only SANEs who have taken both the adult and pediatric didactic SANE courses should apply.
- Registration Fee: FREE (Deadline of February 07, 2007)
- Trainer: Colleen O'Brien, RN, MS, SANE-A
- Time: Classes begin at 8:00am each day.
- Location: United Hospital Center, Huntington, WV
- Contact: Debra Lopez-Bonasso, 304 366-9508, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day 1 - Review of Normal Genital Development from Birth through Adolescent Case Reviews/Documentation Practice
- Day 2 - Review of Normal Genital Development from Adolescent through Adult Case Reviews/Documentation Practice
- Day 3 - Using Forensics to Identify Abuse Documentation Review Day 4 Testifying In Court Preparation and Review for Testifying in Court/Trial Practice
Complete registration and fax to Debra Lopez-Bonasso at 304 366-9509 or mail to:
112 Braddock Street
Fairmont, WV, 26554
This training is supported by Grant Number 04-VAW-005 awarded by the office of Violence Against Women, US Department of Justice through the WV Division of Criminal Justice Services. The opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office of Violence Against Women or the WV Division of Criminal Justice Services.