Sexual Assault: Actual Cases - Real Solutions, Day 1
Successfully Investigating and Prosecuting Sexual Assault Cases
June 16, 2010
(Registration Deadline 6/04/2010)
(Application Deadline 5/21/2010)
This workshop will offer actual case scenarios with real solutions. Participants will learn interview strategies and evidence-based investigation techniques to overcome credibility challenges and successfully investigate sexual assault cases.
- Analyze case materials drawn from actual investigative files.
- Identify challenges in the criminal justice and community response.
- Explore the complex problem of unfounded cases and false reports.
- Identify recommendations for best practices.
- Identify techniques and discuss strategies for successful investigation and prosecution of sexual assault cases.
- Explore similarities and differences between sexual assault and domestic violence responses.
- Presenter: Kimberly A. Lonsway, Ph.D.
- Location: Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa Morgantown, WV
- Contact: Nikki Godfrey via email firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is sponsored by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health through funding provided by Grant No. 2008-WE-AX-0035 awarded by the Office of Violence Against Women, US Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, or the Office on Violence Against Women, US Department of Justice.