Sexual Assault: Actual Cases - Real Solutions, Day 2
Overcoming Challenges of Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault
June 17, 2010
(Registration Deadline 6/04/2010)
(Application Deadline 5/21/2010)
This course covers the 40+ drugs that have been identified in drug-facilitated cases (including associated symptoms and paraphernalia), how these cases present to hospitals and law enforcement, how professionals may be missing them and the inherent difficulties in investigating these cases.
- Identify common drugs and how they are used in drug-facilitated sexual assaults.
- Explore common drug symptoms and paraphernalia.
- Identify challenges of working/investigating drug-facilitated sexual assaults.
- Recognize how drug-facilitated victims present to hospitals and law enforcement.
- Analyze cases drawn from actual investigations to identify effective investigative techniques.
- Presenter: Trinka D. Porrata
- Location: Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa Morgantown, WV
- Contact: Nikki Godfrey via email firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is sponsored by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health through funding provided by Grant No. 2008-WE-AX-0035 awarded by the Office of Violence Against Women, US Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, or the Office on Violence Against Women, US Department of Justice.