Advanced Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) Training
March 10 - 12, 2011
(Registration Deadline 3/01/2011)
This FREE advanced 3 day (24 hour) training will provide Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) with opportunities to review essential skills needed to demonstrate competency in performing the forensic examination for the child and adolescent. Facilitator for this training is Diana Faugno, MSN, RN, CPN, SANE-A, SANE-P, AAFS,DR-IAFN. Diana Faugno is a Board Director of EVAW international and Board member of CAPSAC. She is a SANE nurse at Eisenhower Medical Center SART team and the Barbara Sinatra Children's Center.
- DAY 1:
- Review of Normal Genital Development Case Reviews/Documentation Practice
- DAY 2:
- Review of Normal Genital Development from child through adult Case Reviews/Documentation Practice Group Discussion
- DAY 3:
- Using Forensics to Identify Abuse Documentation Review Preparation and Review for Testifying in Court
- Course Requirements: To attend this course, you must have completed the Adult SANE training and the Pediatric SANE training courses. (Attendance is REQUIRED for all 3 days.)
- Registration Fee: There is no registration fee.
- Trainer: Diana Faugno (MSN, RN, CPN, SANE-A, SANE-P, FAAFS, DF-IAFN)
- Time: Classes begin at 8:00am and end at 5:00pm each day.
- Location: United Hospital Center, Bridgeport, WV
- Contact: Bonnie Fields, WV SANE Coordinator by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org