Advanced Adult Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) Training
April 4 - 6, 2011
This FREE advanced 3 day (24 hour) training will provide Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) with opportunities to review essential skills needed to demonstrate competency in performing the forensic examination for adults and patients in later life. Facilitator for this training is Patricia M. Speck, DNSc, APN, FNP-BC, DFIAFN, FAAFS, and FAAN, Associate Professor and Public Health Nursing Option Coordinator, University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Nursing.
- DAY 1 Topics:
- Practice, Knowledge and Skills Growth & Development, Anatomy and Injury Across the Life Span Consent – Incapacitated Rape Assessment and Forensic Interviews
- DAY 2 Topics:
- Program Evaluation and Nursing Practice Program Evaluation – Outcomes and Sustainability Evaluation of Nursing Practice & Maintaining Psychomotor Skills Photography Review Speculum Review
- DAY 3 Topics:
- Case Reviews & Documentation Case Review and Documentation (includes pre/post-tests) Peer Review and Documentation
- Course Requirements: To attend this course, you must have completed the Adult SANE training. (Attendance is REQUIRED for all 3 days.)
- Registration Fee: There is no registration fee.
- Trainer: Patricia M. Speck (DNSc, APN, FNP-BC, DF-IAFN, FAAFS, FAAN)
- Time: Classes begin at 8:00am and end at 5:00pm each day.
- Location: United Hospital Center, Bridgeport, WV
- Contact: Bonnie Fields, WV SANE Coordinator by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org