Law Enforcement Training and Capacity Building Project (LETCBP)
September 12 - 13, 2012
(Registration Deadline 8/31/2012)
Day 1: September 12, 2012
Non-Stranger Sexual Assault Response & Victim Interviews
Non-Stranger Sexual Assault Response & Victim Interviews provides information regarding evidence collection, documentation, photography, techniques for using technology and social media, building rapport with victims, overcoming victim credibility challenges, and techniques for interviewing victims. An interactive, group activity will address victim interviewing best practices.
Day 2: September 13, 2012
Identifying Sex Offenders: Tools for Interview & Interrogation Identifying
Sex Offenders: Tools for Interview and Interrogation provides law enforcement with current research on sex offender typologies within the context of identifying the most effective strategies for interviewing and investigation. Sponsored/funding provided by: Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice, Oregon Attorney General's Sexual Assault Task Force, the WV Sexual Assault Response Technical Team and the WV Division of Justice and Community Services.
- Course Requirements: Law Enforcement Officers Only
- Registration Fee: Free. Tuition fee is waived.
- Trainer: The Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force
- Time: Classes begin at 8:00am and end at 5:00pm each day.
- Location: WV State Police Academy Professional Development Center
123 Academy Drive, Dunbar, WV
- Contact: For information, contact Nikki Godfrey at 304-622-4441 Email: NikkiG4FRIS@yahoo.com