14th Annual Sexual Assault and Stalking Symposium
April 9, 2014
(Registration Deadline 04/02/2014)
About the Symposium:
The 14th Annual Statewide WV Sexual Assault and Stalking Symposium is scheduled for Wednesday, April 09, 2014 at the Stonewall Resort in Roanoke, WV. This one day symposium provides a multidisciplinary training opportunity to learn about emerging practices in sexual assault cases.
The information is geared toward a wide range of service providers, including advocates, Adult Protection Services, health care workers, social workers, counselors, law enforcement, prosecutors, and health care providers.
National experts in the field will be keynote speakers:
- Meg Garvin, M.A., J.D.
- Executive Director of the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) and a clinical professor of law at Lewis & Clark Law School.
- TK Logan, Ph.D.
- Currently a Professor in the Department of Behavioral Science, College of Medicine and the Center on Drug and Alcohol Research at the University of Kentucky, with joint appointments in Psychiatry, Psychology and Socia Work.
- Kris Bein
- Assistant Coordinator for the Resource Sharing Project, where she provides training and technical assistance to state coalitions and rural rape crisis centers on sexual assault services, agency structure and capacity building.
This one day training meets continuing education requirements for social work, counseling and nursing. Continuing education credits for EMTs, law enforcement annual in-service, domestic violence certification and attorneys are pending.
- Registration Fee: $45.00, late registration $60.00 (after April 2nd)
- Time: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Location: Stonewall Resort, Roanoke, WV
- Contact: Debra Lopez-Bonassa, firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-366-9508