16 Hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Classroom Training
September 16 - 17, 2015
Download the registration form in PDF here for the September SANE classroom training.
(Registration deadline is September 4, 2015)
This 16 hour classroom training follows the completion of the WV Online SANE Training and completes the didactic portion of the 40 hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Training.
The 2 day SANE classroom training (16 hour practicum) provides knowledge and practical application specific to the collection of the forensic evidence and the WV Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit (SAECK) for the adult/adolescent Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Course.
Completion of the online SANE training and classroom training does not mean that the nurse is able to conduct medical forensic examinations. Satisfactory completion indicates that the nurse has completed the 40 hour coursework required for the SANE training.
The next step is to complete the 25 hour clinical requirement which is the responsibility of the nurse to arrange after the didactic (40 hour) course.
Nurses MUST attend both days of the classroom training and have completed the 24 hours of online SANE training to receive a certificate of completion.
This course meets the educational guidelines of the International Association of Forensic Nurses.
- Course Requirements: Current licensure and completion of the Online SANE training
- Registration Fee: $150 (In-state nurses) | $250 (Out-of-state nurses)
- Trainer: Margaret Denny, MSW, RN; Terri Casto, RN, SANE–A, SANE–P; Karen Whiteman, RN, SANE–A, and Bonnie Fields, BSN, SANE–A
- Time: Classes begin at 8:00am and end at 5:30pm each day.
- Location: Marshall University Forensic Science Center in Huntington, WV.
For additional information contact FRIS staff:
Debra Lopez-Bonasso, Education Coordinator;