Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) Training
March 03-07, 2008
This 40-hour didactic course is geared towards the Registered Nurse, but is informative for physicians, law enforcement officers, prosecutors and victim advocates. It is designed to provide a comprehensive education program in the complete assessment, evaluation and treatment of the adult sexual assault survivor.
Upon completion of the 40-hour didactic training, there is a post-training clinical requirement that must be completed according to the nurse's scope of practice and guidelines of the training course.
- Course Requirements: Current licensure to practice as a RN, Completion of the Adult SANE training course and clinical requirements, Submission of a preceptor letter with registration
- Registration Fee: $250.00 for the 4 day program (In State) $400.00 for the 4 day program (Out of State)
- Trainer: Linda E. Ledray, PhD, RN, FAAN, SANE-A
- Time: Classes begin at 8:00am each day.
- Location: United Hospital Center, Clarksburg, WV
- Contact: Judy Fry, 304-690-4363 x201, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Days 1, 2, and 5 are suggested for prosecutors, law enforcement officer and victim advocates. RNs MUST attend ALL five days of the training to receive contact hours.
This course meets the educational guidelines of the International Association of Forensic Nurses.