Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) Training
September 26 - 30, 2011
The purpose of this training is to provide nurses who have attended and completed all requirements of a basic Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners Training course with basic knowledge specific to pediatric forensic evaluation. This intense 5 day training will cover pediatric growth and development; sexual assault injury classification systems; hymenal morphology; pediatric sexual abuse injuries, and forensic documentation.
This training does not "certify" the nurse to perform pediatric sexual assault exams. Satisfactory completion indicates that the nurse has attended the training. Post clinical requirements will be recommended and that is the responsibility of the nurse to arrange after the didactic course.
- Course Requirements: Current licensure to practice as a RN
Completion of the Adult SANE training course and clinical requirements
Submission of a preceptor letter with registration
- Registration Fee: Tuition fee is waived
- Trainer: Diana Faugno (RN, MSN, CPN, FAAFS, SANE-A, SANE-P)
- Time: Classes begin at 8:00am each day.
- Location: MU Forensic Science Center, Huntington,WV
- Contact: Judy Fry, 304-691-8959, email: firstname.lastname@example.org