16 Hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Classroom Training
November 5 - 6, 2014
Download the registration form in PDF here for the November classroom training.
(Registration deadline is October 31, 2014)
This 16 hour classroom training follows the completion of the WV Online SANE Training and completes the didactic portion of the 40 hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Training.
Completion of the online SANE training and classroom training does not “certify” the nurse to perform sexual assault exams. Satisfactory completion indicates that the nurse has completed the 40 hour coursework required for the SANE training.
Post-clinical requirements are the responsibility of the nurse to arrange after the didactic course.
RNs MUST attend both days of the training and have completed the 24 hours of online SANE training to receive a certificate of completion.
This course meets the educational guidelines of the International Association of Forensic Nurses.
- Course Requirements: Current licensure and completion of the Online SANE training
- Registration Fee: $150 (In-state nurses) $250 (Out-of-state nurses)
- Trainer: Margaret Denny, MSW, RN and Bonnie Fields, BSN, SANE – A
- Time: Classes begin at 8:00am and end at 5:00pm each day.
- Location: CAMC Health, Education and Research Institute, 3211 MacCorkle Avenue, SE Charleston, WV 25304
- Contact: For information, contact Debra Lopez-Bonasso at firstname.lastname@example.org or or Bonnie Fields email@example.com.