Social Media Training
Change is Good: Advocating for social change through online communities
August 9, 2015
Download the registration form in PDF here for the September SANE classroom training.
- Learn fundamental concepts for utilizing social media to strengthen violence prevention and awareness efforts.
- Gain tools to increase traffic on social media sites and web pages.
- Gain knowledge of non-profit policy development strategies when using online communities to further your mission.
- Understand the importance of privacy and management settings on social media sites.
About the Presenters:
- Emily Garman is COO of a web design/application development firm with a passion in animal welfare. Emily has been working in graphic design for almost 20 years and web site creation for 10. She holds degrees in journalism and electronic media from the University of Oklahoma and has consulted with clients all over the United States. Emily does pro bono work for several Oklahoma City charities and lectures on nonprofit marketing around the country. TheSocialAnimal.com is a side project devoted to teaching animal welfare advocates how to use social media to accomplish their mission more effectively.
- Cynthia Fraser is a technology safety specialist. Through training, technical assistance, and policy advocacy, she addresses how technology impacts survivors of stalking, domestic and sexual violence. She has over 20 years of experience working to end violence in the US and Canada as well as nationally at organizations such as the US Institute for Women’s Policy Research.
- Counseling/Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence: 6.5 hours
- Social Work: 7 hours
- Course Requirements: Interest in knowledge and usefulness of online communities
- Registration Fee: $45 payable to WV FRIS, with compeleted registration form
- Trainer: Emily Garman and Cynthia Fraser
- Time: Class begin at 8:30 AM and ends at 4:30 PM
- Location: Bridgeport Conference Center 300 Conference Way Bridgeport, WV 26330
- Contact: Marsha Kisner at 304 825-6122 or Nikki Godfrey at 304 622-4441